Warning Signs of Depression in Women
What Every Woman Should Know About Depression ...
It is important to know what the signs of depression in women are, so you can seek early and appropriate treatment if you find that you may be suffering from it.
Chronic depression (Dysthymia)
affects two to three women for every man.
People that suffer from this type of depression may also develop anxiety and other phobias.
If You Think You May be Suffering from Depression, Act now!
It is very common that people who suffer from depression tend to overlook their condition and leave it untreated.
Depression is a serious thing that can take a terrible toll not only on the person suffering from it but also on their families.
These are some of the complications associated with depression:
• Social isolation
• Alcohol abuse
• Drug abuse
• Heart disease and other medical conditions
Below, are the most common signs of Depression in women:
Strong feelings of sadness, helplessness and hopelessness are some of the most common symptoms of depression in women. When you are depressed, you assume that nothing is ever going to get better and there’s nothing you can do to improve your situation.
Also, you completely lose interest in the activities that you used to love. Most of the time you feel irritable and everything and everyone gets on your nerves.
These are some other signs of depression in women:
• Unexplained crying spells
• Feelings of guilt and worthlessness
• Loss of self-confidence and self esteem
• Feeling overwhelmed with life
• Lack of sexual desire
• Extreme Fatigue and lethargy. Your whole body feels heavy, and even small tasks that were not a problem before, they now make you exhausted.
• Unexplained aches and pains
• Insomnia and significant sleep problems. You either find yourself waking in the wee hours of the morning, or you tend to oversleep more than usual. In some cases, it becomes a challenge to get out of bed at all.
• Notorious changes in appetite that also bring abrupt weight loss or weight gain.
• You find it difficult to concentrate and making decisions seems to be overwhelming.
• Self-harm (e.g. cutting or burning yourself)
• Suicidal thoughts or recurrent thoughts of death.
Taking the First Step
Reviewing this list of depression signs is the first step in the path to your recovery.
If you think you are suffering from depression, please acknowledge this situation and look for professional help. As I said before, the signs of depression are very often overlooked and that is a dangerous mistake.
Researchers have found that in the United States alone more than 17 million people experience depression each year. This is a large number for just one country!
Depression is a dormant threat … The suicide rate keeps on escalating. It doesn’t discriminate gender or nationality not even age. It is very sad that teenagers and children have also been driven to commit suicide due to their intense depression.
What are the most important things in life?
In our super hectic society it becomes difficult to cope with all the pressure that we impose on ourselves. Is it really necessary to set such high standards when we are not even being able to enjoy life?
Peace love and happiness
are the most important things in life, and if we are being deprived from them, we are not truly living life!
This website is dedicated to help you find the joy that you have been missing for so long because IT IS RIGHT INSIDE OF YOU!
So, don’t waste more time, make the decision to heal your life... Right now!
Return from Signs of Depression in Women to Women and Depression
Return from Signs of Depression in Women to Anxiety and Depression Home