Depression Warning Signs:
A Comprehensive List
Depression warning signs can sometimes be subtle. This is why many times a person suffering from depression will neglect the condition and leave it untreated for months or even years.
It is important to identify the symptoms early and start a treatment as soon as possible.
What is Depression?
Sometimes we feel sad or hopeless as a normal response to loss and life's challenges. This doesn't necessarily mean that we are suffering from a chronic depression. Only when these feelings of sadness and desolation linger for prolonged periods of time and don't seem to improve, they may be signs of depression. Please check this
definition of depression.
Depression Warning Signs:
• Change in sleeping patterns: you have persistent episodes of insomnia, early morning wakefulness, or oversleeping. You may use sleep to avoid feelings or escape tasks.
• Fatigue and decreased energy: You get tired easily and have little desire to get things done.
• Loss of sexual desire: You have very little or no interest at all in sexual activities.
• Decreased or increased appetite: You tend to overeat or have an appetite loss with significant weight change.
• Aches: You suffer from persistent headaches, pains or digestive problems that do not improve with treatment.
• Sadness: Very often you feel an unexplained or uncontrollable need to cry with no apparent reason.
• Guilt: You blame yourself for every situation. You feel guilty and don't know why.
• Suicidal thoughts, suicide attempts: From brief thoughts of wishing you were dead to attempting to commit suicide. These are notorious signs of depression.
• Social withdrawal: You want to stay away from family, friends and activities that you used to enjoy.
• Feelings of worthlessness:
low self esteem.
• Despair and hopelessness: You feel there is nothing or nobody that can help you. You feel completely powerless.
• Neglect: You don't care about your responsibilities and don’t care at all about your personal appearance.
• Excessive Worrying: You are dreading horrible situations most of the time.
• Irritability: Small things get you all worked up and angry. You feel annoyed, impatient, and restless.
• Anxiety: You are feeling agitated and panicky.
Changes in Thought Patterns:
• Inability to concentrate: You find it difficult to focus your mind in one activity.
• Poor Memory: You have trouble remembering where you put things, appointments you had scheduled or tasks you were going to do.
• Indecision: Even the smallest decisions overwhelm you.
• General Loss of Interest: You feel emotional flatness or emptiness. You can't seem to enjoy anything.
You Have the Power To Heal Your Life!
If you recognize one or more of these warning signs, please make the decision to heal your life now. That's the most important decision you’ll ever make!
You may alleviate your condition with anti-depressants, and in some cases of severe depression they have actually saved lives. But
antidepressants are highly addictive drugs with PLENTY of side effects.
An addiction to antidepressants can be as harmful as the depression itself.
Anti-depressants and doctors have they rightful place. BUT, what I have come to understand is that the only real cure for chronic depression is ultimately in your hands alone.
Take a pledge to let go of your fear. Believe in your heart that there is another way to look at your situation. You can either see the rose or see only the thorns. It is your decision. You only need a little willingness to open your mind to see things differently. If you truly let go of your own judgments about your situation, you will see a miracle manifest...
What I offer in this website will help YOU heal your life because you have that power!
Are there thoughts of suicide?
Chronic Depression carries a high risk of suicide. If you or someone you know is expressing suicidal thoughts PLEASE call a suicidal lifeline immediately. Call 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433) or 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255) -- or the deaf hotline at 1-800-4889. These are free, 24-hour hotlines available to anyone.
Return from depression warning signs to home